HOW IT WORKS…
Looking to check out some of the Bow Valley’s stellar outdoor bouldering this season?
Are you a local climber wanting to check out some of the new spots but don’t have your own pad? Or a visiting climber wanting to sample the local rock?
Swing by Canmore Climbing Gym to pick up a pad or two! We also have the new Alberta Bouldering Guide for purchase.
Check out the details on our rental program below.
1. Rental Gear may only be rented in person or over the phone (no voicemails) at the CCG and may be booked with payment a maximum of 72 hours (3 days) in advance.
2. Rental Gear must be paid in full at the time of booking.
3. Rental Gear may be booked for a maximum of 3 consecutive days, after which it may be booked again upon return if there are no conflicting bookings.
4. Rental Gear may be picked up at the earliest posted time of opening of the CCG on the date the booking begins.
5. Rental Gear must be returned no later than 1 hour before closing on the designated return date. Please check our website for gym hours. (since our hours are shortened for the summer, you can book the pad for a 24-hour time period, i.e. 4 p.m. on 1st day to 4 p.m. on last day)
6. In order to book Rental Gear, a valid credit card number must be saved to the customer account. Payment of $300 (the cost of the pad) will be processed in full in the event of theft or damage to the Rental Gear rendering it unusable. Late returns without clear communication to the CCG will be deemed theft and will result in this damage/theft fee being processed.
7. Any damage to Rental Gear beyond reasonable wear and tear will be subject to a damage fee of up to $100, to be determined by the CCG based on the extent of the damage.
8. Late returns will be charged a Late Fee of $15 per day for every day the Rental Gear is withheld past its booking return date, in addition to the daily rental fees which will continue to accrue with each day past the return date.
9. If the gear is unavailable for rent, due to reasons out of CCG’s control, booking payment will be refunded but we will not be held responsible for providing you with the gear.
10. Rental Gear is to be returned in the same condition it was obtained in. A $20 cleaning fee may apply if Rental Gear is returned with unreasonable levels of dirt, stains and/or debris.
11. Rental Gear should be treated with the same respect and care as you would your own gear.
Please do not place bouldering crash pads in water or on wet surfaces, and ensure a waterproof
barrier is used between the pads and the ground if it is snowy, icy, muddy or wet. Additionally,
please keep mud and dirt off the pads from shoes/feet; we recommend bringing a small towel
or doormat to wipe feet on if the area is muddy. Additionally, be careful to not spill drinks
and/or beverages on the Rental Gear.
Give us a shout if you’ve got any more questions or if you’re ready to book!